Braciole With Mushroom Tomato Gravy
|Beef braciole slices||8 , very thinly sliced from top round|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Prosciutto di parma slices||8|
|Plain bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Eyeball It)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Eyeball It)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), grated (3 Handfuls)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh, A Couple Handfuls)|
|Arugula||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), cracked away from skin|
|Crimini mushrooms||12 , finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon (Rounded Tablespoon)|
1) In a bowl add meat and season with salt and pepper.
2) Place each slice of meat and top with a slice of prosciutto.
3) In a medium bowl add bread crumbs with milk to moisten.
4) Mix grated cheese, onion, parsley, arugula, salt and pepper to the crumbs and mix thoroughly
5) Put a thin layer of stuffing at the center of each beef and prosciutto slice and roll tightly.
6) Secure the rolls tightly with toothpicks.
7) Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
8) Heat oil in the skillet and add garlic.
9) Arrange meat rolls in the pan and cook for 6 minutes to brown.
10) Put the meat in the platter and add butter to the pan.
11) Add mushrooms and sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
12) Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes.
13) Whisk wine into the flour and mushrooms. Scrape up pan drippings.
14) Cook the wine for 1 minute to reduce it.
15) Whisk in beef broth and tomato paste.
16) Place the meat back on the sauce and cook on medium low.
17) Cover the pan partially to let the steam escape.
18) Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
19) Put beef rolls in to a platter.
20) Take out toothpicks and pour pan gravy over the rolls and serve.