Glenmorangie Grouse With Gravy
|Casserole grouse||20 Ounce, prepared (2 Cans, 10 Ounce Or 275 Gram Each)|
|Casserole grouse||20 Ounce (Prepared, Two 275 Gram /10 Ounce Each)|
|Walnut oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Juniper berries||4 , crushed|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Shallot||1 , skinned and chopped|
|Beurre manie||1 Ounce|
|Butter||10 Milliliter (Or 2 Level Teaspoon)|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Flour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Single malt whisky||15 Milliliter (Or 1 Tablespoon)|
|Malt||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat a 25 cm (10 inch) browning dish for 8 minutes. Halve each grouse lengthwise using kitchen scissors.
2. Add the walnut oil and butter to the preheated browning dish and quickly add the 4 pieces of grouse, skin side downwards. Add the bay leaves and crushed juniper berries and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes.
3. Use tongs to turn over the grouse pieces, then add the chicken stock and chopped shallot. Cover with a lid or cling film and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes. Remove the halved grouse from the dish and set aside in tented foil.
4. Blend the butter and flour to a paste and add, in small pieces, to the sauce. Stir well and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until it is thickened and very hot. Stir in the whisky, the 15 g (1/2 oz) measure of butter and the lemon juice.
5. Season with salt to taste and serve each portion of grouse with the sauce to accompany it.