Roast Turkey With Country Gravy
|Turkey||10 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For country gravy|
|Pan drippings||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Poultry dressing||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water/Consomme / beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Wash turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Season inside with salt.
3. In a 4 cup liquid measure, take celery and onion with butter or margarine.
4. Cook at 450° F for 5 minutes.
5. Combine it with package dressing and water.
6. Stuff turkey with the dressing mixture.
7. Tie legs together and then tie the legs.
8. Seal the neck opening with a small wooden skewer.
9. Tie the wings with the body.
10. In a cup, blend oil and brown sauce.
11. Brush oil on the bird.
12. On a metal rack over 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, place the turkey with the breast side down.
13. Cover the bird with wax paper.
14. Cook at 350° F for 9-1/2 to 10-1/2 minutes per pound.
15. Cook 1/4 of the total time, turn dish and apply oil mixture.
16. Cook for another 1/4 of the time, turn turkey, breast side up, and oil the bird.
17. Cook for another 1/4 of the time, turn dish again and baste.
18. Cook the rest 1/4 length of time.
19. Remove the turkey from dish and wrap with aluminium foil and let it sit for 20 minutes.
20. In a dish, take 1 cup dripping from utility dish.
21. Add flour to make a smooth paste.
22. Cook at 350° F for 8 minutes; stir twice.
23. Add hot liquid and cook for 5 more minutes.
24. Season with salt and pepper.
25. 26. Serve turkey with Country Gravy.