|Drippings||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Drippings/Water / quick broth / milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Liquid, Warm Or Cool)|
1. Remove roasted meat or poultry from roasting pan, pour drippings into bowl.
2. Allow fat to rise to surface; skim off fat and reserve. Remaining drippings are meat juices which should be used as part of the liquid in gravy.
3. Measure fat into roasting pan.
4. Blend in flour, salt and pepper.
5. Stirring constantly, heat until mixture bubbles. Brown slightly if desired. Remove from heat and slowly blend in liquid (drippings, water, quick broth, or milk), stirring constantly and vigorously.
6. Return to heat and cook rapidly, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Cook 1 to 2 min. longer. While stirring, scrape bottom and sides of pan to blend in brown residue.
7. Serve hot with meat or poultry.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4889 Calories from Fat 4722
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 525 g807.1%
Saturated Fat 231.1 g1155.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 529.2 mg176.4%
Sodium 3139.4 mg130.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.7% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet