Beefy Mushroom Gravy
|Envelope lipton of beefy mushroom soup mix||1|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
1. Blend soup mix in 1 ½ cups of water.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame.
3. Allow the liquid to reach boiling point.
4. Reduce the flame, cover the pot with its lid and simmer the liquid for 8-10 minutes, stirring after very 2-3 minutes.
5. In the mean while, in a small bowl, make flour slurry by combining the flour with ½ cup water to make a smooth paste.
6. Pour the flour slurry to the simmering liquid, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
7. Boil the gravy for 2-3 minutes till thickened to coat the back of the ladle.
8. Taste to check seasoning and adjust to taste.
9. Strain the gravy for a smooth consistency.
10. Pour into a sauce boat and use to accompany beef roasts and steaks.
11. To reheat, add a little water to thin the gravy and heat in a saucepan.