|Raw bones||225 Gram|
1. Chop bones and brown in the oven or brown in little fat on top of the stove in a fry-pan.
2. When half browned add finely minced celery, carrot, and onion.
3. Drain off all fat.
4. Place in a saucepan with stock or water.
5. Bring to boil. Skim and allow to simmer. 6. Simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
7. Remove the joint from the roasting tin when cooked.
8. Return tray to a low heat to allow sediment to settle.
9. Carefully strain off the fat leaving the sediment in the tin.
10. Return to the stove and brown carefully. Swill with the brown stock.
11. Allow to simmer for a few minutes.
12. Cheek for seasoning.
13. Strain and skim.