1. In a skillet, melt butter, sear and cook the steak as per desired doneness
2. Remove the steak and set aside, leaving behind the fat for the sauce.
3. In the same pan on medium heat, heat the reserved fat, and add in the flour, stirring continuously.
4. Stir and cook until the flour mixture gets grainy in texture, do not allow it to brown and add more flour if needed.
5. Pour in the water and whisk continuously until the mixture is smooth, add more water and cook stirring continuously until it reaches the desired consistency.
6. Add in the milk and keep stirring and bring to a boil.
7. Season with salt and pepper, and add milk or water allow to boil and simmer to get the desired consistency.
8. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
9. Spoon the gravy over the cube steak and serve.
Cubes steaks go well with a country gravy and on popular demand, Dave is showing us how to make a country gravy with flour, milk and some fat. He is just giving you an idea so you can develop your own Country gravy. But all those new cooks out there who cannot do without specific instructions can still try it for there is no hard and fast rule to preparing this recipe.