Fried Ham and Cream Gravy
|Ham slice||1 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream/Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wipe the meat with a clean, damp cloth. Trim the rind off the ham, notch the fat at the edge of the slice.
2. Brown the meat on both sides in a hot frying pan, lower the heat and cook 10 minutes, turning it several times. Pour off the fat if more than 2 tablespoons has accumulated in the pan. Remove the ham to a warmed plate while the gravy is made.
3. Blend the flour, mustard and sugar in the fat left in the pan. Add milk slowly and stir over low heat until the sauce is thickened and smooth. Add the cream or evaporated milk and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Return the ham to the pan, spoon the sauce over it, cover the pan and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Cut ham into 3 or 4 pieces and serve with sauce spooned over it.
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg5%
Sodium 151.6 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 16.1 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet