Grapefruit Aspic Mold
|Canned grapefruit sections||2 Pound (2 Can, 1 Pound Each)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon flavor gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Can, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Few Drops)|
1. Drain syrup from grapefruit into a 2-cup measure, reserving grape fruit for Step 3. Add water to syrup to make 2 cups; bring to boiling in small saucepan.
2. Pour over gelatin in a medium-size bowl, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Stir in tomato sauce and red-pepper seasoning. Chill for 30 minutes, or until as thick as unbeaten egg white.
3. Fold in the grapefruit sections; spoon into 6-cup mold. Chill several hours, or until firm.
4. To unmold, run a sharp-tip, thin-blade knife around top of the mold, then dip mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water. Cover mold with serving plate; invert; carefully lift off mold.
5. Serve plain as a relish, or as a salad garnished with watercress or the small inner leaves of romaine. Pass mayonnaise or salad dressing separately.