Weld Grape Butter
|Wild grapes||6 Quart, stemmed|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a kettle boil the grapes covered with water fro 20 minutes and then drain.
2. Save the juice for Wild Grape Jelly.
3. Put the pulp in a cheese cloth bag and tie it up.
4. In a kettle put quartered apples, the grape pulp in cheesecloth, cover with water and boil for 20 minutes.
5. Save this juice also for Wild Grape Jelly.
6. Throw the bag with grape pulp and put apple pulp through a sieve and measure 5 cups.
7. In a kettle boil the apple pulp with the sugar, stirring constantly to desired consistency.
8. Pour into sterilized hot jars to within 1/8" of jar top. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
9. In a pan with boiling water, bathe the jar for 5 minutes.
10. Use as condiments or store in sterilized jelly jars covered with paraffin.
Cooking the grape pulp with apples adds flavour to both the fruits and keeping the pulp in the bag makes it easier to remove the seeds.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8980 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 151.4 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2350 g783.2%
Dietary Fiber 141.9 g567.5%
Sugars 2071 g
Protein 51 g101.4%
Vitamin A 115.8% Vitamin C 1311.9%
Calcium 80.3% Iron 139.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet