Pineapple Grape Tapioca
|Unsweetened pineapple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Seedless green grapes||20|
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the pineapple juice and honey together.
2) Sprinkle over the tapioca and allow to soften for 5 minutes.
3) Stir continuously and bring to a boil over a medium heat.
4) Stir in the vanilla extract, then remove from heat.
5) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk and skim milk together.
6) Stir a little hot mixture into the beaten egg yolk, then return to the pan until thoroughly blend.
7) Cook over a low heat, whisking constantly for about 10 minutes, until mixture thickens.
8) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
9) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
10) Beat in the cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
11) Then fold into the cooled tapioca and refrigerate until serving time.
12) Just before serving, fold in the grapes, mix thoroughly.
13) Serve the chilled Pineapple Grape Tapioca on dessert plates.