Lemon Grape Slices
|Puff pastry||1⁄2 (Using 8 Oz Flour)|
|Margarine||1 Teaspoon (To Grease Baking Tray)|
|Flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram, To Flour Board)|
|Cornflour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram, Plus 30 Milliliter To Coat Grapes)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lemon)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind grated|
|Egg||1 Medium, separated|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Grapes||5 Ounce (150 Gram, Green Or White)|
|Icing sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1. Prepare the pastry and let it chill for 30 minutes.
2. Let the oven heat to 450°F (230°C/Gas 8) and grease a large baking tray.
3. On a floured board roll out the pastry to a rectangle, 35 x 20 cm (14 X 8 in).
4. Cut down the middle of the rectangle lengthways into 14 slices and then crossways into 7 strips, 5 cm (2 in) wide.
5. On the prepared tray place the slices and let it bake for 10—15 minutes until well risen and golden.
6. Take out of the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. In a small saucepan, combine together the cornflour, sugar and milk and let it slowly boil, stirring all the time, until it thickens.
8. Combine the lemon juice and rind.
9. Put in the egg yolk and beat thoroughly.
10. Take off the heat and leave until cold.
11. Beat in the cream.
12. Place back 14 grapes for decoration.
13. Halve and pip the rest mixing into the lemon sauce.
14. Take 7 of the pastry slices and turn them upside-down.
15. On top of each spread a layer of the grape and lemon sauce and then place the other 7 pastry slices on top.
16. Combine together the icing sugar and water and spread over the top of each slice with a palette knife.
17. Whip the egg white until stiff.
18. Into the egg white dip the reserved 14 grapes and then into the extra caster sugar.
19. Let it dry and then arrange 2 grapes on top of each slice.