Squabs With White Grapes
|Squabs||4 , cleaned and trussed|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless grapes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Rub butter on the squabs and sprinkle salt in the cavities.
3. In a buttered casserole, arrange the squabs and bake, covered, for about 10 minutes.
4. Uncover, mix wine and consommé.
5. Re-cover and continue baking, after lowering the oven temperature to 325°F, for about 45 minutes or till tender.
6. Add grapes 5 before the squabs are done.
7. Serve hot.
Calories 919 Calories from Fat 640
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.5%
Saturated Fat 27.4 g136.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 273.7 mg91.2%
Sodium 619.5 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 50 g99.7%
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 54.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet