Squabs With White Grapes
|Squabs||4 , cleaned and trussed|
|Softened butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken consomme||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seedless grapes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Rub butter on the squabs and sprinkle salt in the cavities.
3. In a buttered casserole, arrange the squabs and bake, covered, for about 10 minutes.
4. Uncover, mix wine and consommé.
5. Re-cover and continue baking, after lowering the oven temperature to 325°F, for about 45 minutes or till tender.
6. Add grapes 5 before the squabs are done.
7. Serve hot.