Butter Kuchen With Grapes
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound (At Room Temperature, 1/2 Cup)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Blue black grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Butter and flour an 11-inch tart pan with removable rim.
2. In a bowl with a mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup granulated sugar until smooth.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
4. Add 1 cup flour and mix well. Spread batter evenly in tart pan.
5. Rinse grapes, cut in half, and seed if desired. Arrange grapes, cut side up, evenly over batter. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
6. Bake in a 375° oven until cake feels firm in the center when lightly pressed, 30 to 35 minutes (about 20 minutes in a convection oven). Cool on a rack at least 30 minutes. Remove pan rim. Sift powdered sugar generously over warm or cool cake just before cutting.