Butter Kuchen With Grapes
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound (At Room Temperature, 1/2 Cup)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon peel||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Blue black grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Butter and flour an 11-inch tart pan with removable rim.
2. In a bowl with a mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter with 1/2 cup granulated sugar until smooth.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla.
4. Add 1 cup flour and mix well. Spread batter evenly in tart pan.
5. Rinse grapes, cut in half, and seed if desired. Arrange grapes, cut side up, evenly over batter. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
6. Bake in a 375° oven until cake feels firm in the center when lightly pressed, 30 to 35 minutes (about 20 minutes in a convection oven). Cool on a rack at least 30 minutes. Remove pan rim. Sift powdered sugar generously over warm or cool cake just before cutting.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3193 Calories from Fat 953
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.3%
Saturated Fat 63.1 g315.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 878.3 mg292.8%
Sodium 345.6 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 504 g168%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 406.8 g
Protein 33 g65.6%
Vitamin A 71.3% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 47.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet