Peanut Butter Granola Bars
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chunky peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Granola||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs) (If Desired)|
|Milk chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Heat the oven to 375°.
2) In a bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and egg.
3) Beat at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
4) By hand, stir in granola, oats and raisins.
5) Spread in a 13x9-inch baking pan and press down.
6) Place in oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or till the edges are browned.
7) Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the bars.
8) Allow to stand for 3 minutes.
9) Spread the chocolate over the bars.
10) Cool completely and cut into bars.
11) Serve with a glass of milk as a snack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5936 Calories from Fat 2211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 258 g397.6%
Saturated Fat 111.7 g558.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 1490.1 mg62.1%
Total Carbohydrates 869 g289.6%
Dietary Fiber 56.8 g227.1%
Sugars 385.9 g
Protein 113 g225.7%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 66.7% Iron 105.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet