Honey Wheat Granola
|Rolled wheat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hulled sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped dried apricots/Dried dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In the slow cooker, place together oats, wheat, wheat germ, oil, honey , sunflower seeds, salt and vanilla.
2) Cover leaving slightly open and simmer for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
3) Allow to cool, add dried fruits and mix well.
4) Place the granola mixture in airtight container and store well.
5) Serve as desired with yogurt or milk.
Calories 798 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 195.1 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 21 g42.8%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 66.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet