Granola with Cranberries
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Toasted wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bosc pears||2 , sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted pumpkin seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, add honey with apple juice, heat, stir until almost boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. In a pan, add oats, toasted wheat germ, almonds and pour honey mixture over it and toss until well mixed and the grains are coated
3. Roast grain mixture in a preheated oven at 200 degrees centigrade, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes, until the grains are toasted..
4. On baking sheets, arrange fresh pear slices, sprinkle with lemon juice and cook in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
5. In a bowl, add grain mixture, cooked pears, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
6. Cool and store in air tight containers.
7. Serve crisp granola in bowls.
Calories 1770 Calories from Fat 382
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.3%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 11.1 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 281 g93.7%
Dietary Fiber 49.8 g199.1%
Sugars 76.3 g
Protein 69 g139%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 101.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet