Healthy Homemade Organic Granola
|Rolled oats||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Chopped almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted sunflower seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coconut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans, sesame seeds, wheat germ, coconut and sunflower seeds.
3. In a small pan over medium heat, stir together the coconut oil and honey. Cook and stir until blended, heating it for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over the oat mixture, and stir to coat evenly.
4. Spread out the mixture in an even layer on two cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the oats and nuts are toasted. Immediately after it comes out of the oven, stir in the raisins and dried cranberries. Let stand until cooled, and stir again to break up any large clusters.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, but I guarantee it won’t be around that long!
This video is produced by Fitcoach2007. Check out thehungrycuban for more interesting food recipes and cooking videos.
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 462
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.9%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.1 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.8%
Sugars 50.6 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet