Dried Cherries and Pistachio Quinoa
|Quinoa grains||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), uncooked|
|Shallots||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Dried cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
1. Rinse and drain the quinoa.
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add shallots to pan, sauté 2 minutes or until tender.
4. Add 2 cups of water, wine, and salt to pan, bring to a boil.
5. Add quinoa, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
6.Remove from heat; set aside, and cool slightly.
7. Combine lemon juice and pepper in a large bowl, stir with a whisk. 8. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cherries, pistachios, herbs and lemon dressing. Toss gently to combine.
9. Serve quinoa with chicken or Salmon. It makes a great side dish.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 337.6 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 14 g55.9%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 10 g20.9%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet