Mint Pesto Couscous with Broccoli and English Peas
|Couscous grains||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), unthawed|
|Pine nuts||3 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled|
|For mint pesto|
|Fresh mint leaves||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||6 Tablespoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the couscous with 1 ¼ cups of boiling water. Bring to a simmer and then cover and turn off the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, make the pesto: In blender container, combine the mint, Parmesan, lemon juice, olive oil, ½ teaspoon of the salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
3. To cook the broccoli and peas, fill a pot with enough water to cover the broccoli, add the remaining 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and boil about 3 to 5 minutes just until broccoli is crisp-tender.
4. Add the frozen peas, stir, then immediately drain broccoli and peas into a colander. Peas will cook from residual heat.
5. To assemble, in a large bowl, combine couscous, broccoli and peas, pesto, pine nuts, and feta and toss with two forks to combine. This dish is delicious warm or cold.
Calories 662 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.7%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.6 mg7.9%
Sodium 2233.2 mg93%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 78.2% Vitamin C 157.8%
Calcium 40.8% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet