1. In a large pot on medium heat, add olive oil, pine nuts and almonds, stir and let brown for 2-3 minutes.
2. Next, add peas, carrots, raisins, water and veggie bouillon and cook for 3 minutes or until it comes up to a slight boil. 3. Next add salt, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, cloves, allspice, seven spices, 2 tablespoons butter and parsley, let cook for 3-5 minutes.
4. Then, stir in the couscous, 3 tablespoons butter and cook for 3 minutes
5. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork, then cover again and let sit for another 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve with a spicy red sauce or yogurt. It also goes great with roast or chicken.
This quick versatile side dish pairs well with most any entrée. A bit different from the traditional couscous this pilaf-style couscous recipe is studded with raisins, chopped almonds and herbs and flavored with hearty spices that give it a unique flavor. It's savory, sweet, nutty and spicy all in one. If you like North-African and Mediterranean flavors try this easy vegetarian couscous with raisins pilaf.