Quinoa with Pine Nuts and Apricots
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely chopped dried apricots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm), thinly sliced|
|Red bell pepper/3 tablespoons dried sweet bell peppers||1 , finely diced|
1. In a medium saucepan add water and boil.
2. Add quina while stirring. Simmer 10 minutes.
3. Turn the heat off. Let quinoa rest in the covered pot for 10 minutes, so that the additional water is absorbed.
4. Transfer the quinoa to a salad bowl and fluff it very lightly using a fork till the grain is cool.
5. In a dry skillet toast the pine nuts on medium heat. Stir for 3 minutes till the nuts are golden brown. Keep it aside.
6. Cool the quinoa and add the rest of the ingredients.
7. Toss so that the grains are well coated.
8. Serve Quinoa With Pine Nuts And Apricots immediately.