Couscous Confetti Salad
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Uncooked couscous||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unpeeled cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sunflower seeds||1 Tablespoon, shelled|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take a small saucepan and bring water to a boil.
2) Stir in salt and couscous. Cover and let stand until the mixture cools down to room temperature.
3) Take a medium bowl and combine together cooled couscous with all the remaining salad ingredients. Toss nicely.
4) Take a small bowl and mix together all dressing ingredients in it. Blend nicely.
5) Pour the prepared dressing over salad and toss to coat well. Serve immediately.
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 136.2 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 55.8% Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet