Steamed Couscous and Watercress
|Couscous||6 Ounce (175 gram)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Brown rice||1 Ounce, cooked (25 gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, melted (75 gram)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
1. In a medium sized bowl, place couscous.
2. Pour chilled water over it and keep aside for 10 minutes or till all the water is absorbed.
3. Add seasonings, melted butter and rice and mix well using a fork. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sauce pan, keep water for boiling.
5. Place a colander/ sieve lined with muslin cloth over it.
6. Spoon prepared mixture on to muslin cloth and cover with foil.
7. Steam over medium flame for 35 minutes or till fluffy.
8. Remove and add watercress. Mix gently.
9. Arrange on a platter and serve.