|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rye flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2) Then, add rye flour and whole wheat flour. Mix well.
3) Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to the mixture.
4) Now, slowly add cold water about 2-3 tablespoons, just to moistened the mixture.
5) Make a ball of the dough and roll it into 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 2 ½ inch rounds.
6) Now, take a thimble and cut a 1/2-inch circle in the center of each cookie. Prick cookie surface with fork, if needed.
7) Put all the cookies on an ungreased sheet and bake for at 375 degrees until lightly browned or for about 10 to 12 minutes.
8) Let it cool for some time.
9) Serve rye cookies with tea or coffee.
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg8.1%
Sodium 11.6 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.8% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet