Couscous with Parsley
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) In a 4-cup glass measure, place the water.
2) Microwave on HIGH for 1 ½ minutes, till the water starts to boil.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
4) With heavy-duty plastic wrap, cover the measure and vent.
5) Microwave once again on HIGH for 1 ½ to 2 minutes, till the entire liquid has been absorbed.
6) Let the preparation stand for about 2 minutes.
7) Transfer the couscous to a decorative serving plate, fluff with a fork and serve while still hot. Makes a good side dish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 26.1 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 50.5% Vitamin C 67%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet