Warm Quinoa And Zucchini Stuffed Tomatoes
|Quinoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Purified water/Vegetable stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Grated zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley/Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin/Ground curry||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a small pan with 1-tablespoon olive oil, toss in quinoa.
3. Add water, black pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes on low pepper. Take off from heat and keep aside.
4. In a non-stick pan, with 1-tablespoon of olive oil, saute chopped onions with zucchini, parsley or basil, currants, paprika, curry, and lemon juice for 2 minutes on medium heat.
5. Mix in quinoa by scooping it into the pan. Using a spoon, blend all the ingredients. Take off from heat.
6. Make a ¼ inch deep star shape on the stem to be used as lid for tomatoes. Take off the top and keep aside.
7. Discard the seeds and some loose pulp, keeping the tomato wall intact.
8. Stuff equal amounts of filling into each of the tomato.
9. Place in a glass or ceramic baking dish, sprinkle breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese for each and bake, covered with a foil or glass lid, for 25 minutes or until tomatoes are firm.
10. Transfer to serving plates, garnish with the star-shaped lids., and serve Warm Quinoa and Zucchini Stuffed Tomatoes immediately.