Couscous With Sweet Corn
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Italian tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, boil the stock and add the couscous.
2. Remove it from the heat, Cover the pan and let it stand for about 5 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, combine the corn, tomatoes, garlic, chili powder, and cinnamon.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the liquid from the tomatoes evaporates.
5. Add the chives, lemon juice, couscous and stir to mix well.
6. Serve the dish hot to get the best taste.
7. Fluff with a fork before serving.