Shellfish and Couscous with Fresh Tomatoes
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Couscous||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), peeled|
|Fresh tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), peeled, seeded, and pureed|
|Mussels||1 Pound, scrubbed and rinsed|
|Mussels||1 Pound, scrubbed|
|Littleneck clams||24 , lightly scrubbed and rinsed|
|Medium shrimp||2⁄3 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Medium shrimp||2⁄3 Pound, deveined|
|Squid||2⁄3 Pound, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), snipped|
|Fresh basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), snipped|
1. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil add a dash of salt and stir in the couscous. Turn off the heat, and cover the pot tightly.
2. In a saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, sautÃ© the onion and hot pepper, stirring them often, until they are soft and then sautÃ© in the garlic until it is fragrant.
3. Raising the heat, add the wine, reduce it for 1 minute, add the tomatoes and bring the sauce to a boil.
4. Reducing the heat, simmer the sauce for 5 minutes.
5. Debeard the mussels, raising the heat under the sauce, gently add the clams as their shells tend to crack easily.
6. Then cover the pot and steam the clams until they begin to open.
7. Adding the mussels, gently stir the ingredients cover the pot and steam the mussels until they begin to open.
8. Adding the shrimp and the squid cook the shellfish only until the shrimp turns pink.
9. Removing the pot from heat, stir in the basil, salt and pepper and fluff the couscous with a fork.
10. In a large shallow bowl put the couscous and spoon the shellfish and tomato broth over the couscous and serve.