Herbed Instant Couscous
|Defatted chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs), seasoned|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Couscous||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a medium saucepan, combine broth and olive oil
2. Heat broth to boiling point.
3. Take pan off the heat and stir in the couscous
4. Immediately cover and let stand for 5 minutes until the couscous absorbs the liquid and swells.
5. Use a two forks to gently fluff the couscous
6. Gently mix in the parsley, chives, and seasonings if required.
7. Turn the couscous into an earthenware tureen or onto a serving platter and serve while warm.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.6%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 303.3 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 8% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet