Spring-In Quinoa With Veggies
|Cooked quinoa||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained and chopped|
|Fresh asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and cut into inch pieces|
|Diced red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), squeezed|
|Chopped basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Bring 1 part quinoa to 2 parts water up to a boil, reduce and simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff and enjoy!
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and red pepper and sauté for 1 minute or until the garlic gets fragrant and peppers slightly tender.
2. Stir in asparagus and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and cook 2 more minutes.
3. Stir in scallions, artichoke hearts, orange pepper and quinoa cook 2 more minutes.
4. Finish with basil and mint. One last stir and enjoy!
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 206.1 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 56.8% Vitamin C 204%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet