1. Put the quinoa, cinnamon, and 3 cups of liquid (1 of which can be rice, or other vegan, milk if you want) in a pot.
2. Turn to high to bring to a boil, then turn down low to simmer for 30 minutes.
3. When the quinoa is almost cooked, stir in the raisins so that they get large and plump.
4. Mash the banana in a bowl, then stir in the carob or cocoa powder.
5. Stir this into the quinoa once it's cooked, and if you like it a bit more porridge like you can pour a bit more rice milk in as well.
6. Then spoon into bowls and top with the walnuts.
7. It's also wonderful with some fresh raspberries or strawberries.
Warm your belly and nourish your day with a bowlful of quinoa goodness. Just when you need that extra rush of energy in the morning, quinoa could do it for you. Warm, gluten-free and better than any cereal porridge, quinoa with roasted butternut squash is one breakfast dish that would truly hit the spot. To learn how to whomp this quinoa delight, watch the video.