Toasted Couscous With Almonds And Raisins
|Couscous||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||2 , diced|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a large skillet and heat on medium flame.
2. Add the couscous and let the grains toast by shaking the pan at regular intervals. Keep cooking until the grains turn fragrant brown. Transfer the grains to a plate.
3. In a hot skillet, add the almonds and toast them similarly. Transfer the almonds in another plate.
4. Boil the stock along with celery, salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the celery turns soft.
5. In a saucepan, add the couscous and raisins. Keep stirring gently to mix. Cover the lid of the pan and remove from the heat. Let it stand for 5 minutes or until tender.
6. Add the almonds in the pan and stir the mixture to fluff up the grains.
7. Serve in a serving dish.
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 233.7 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 6% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet