Couscous With Moroccan Chicken Stew
|Low sodium tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cumin seeds/1/8 teaspoon ground cumin seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds/1/8 teaspoon ground coriander seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Couscous||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned chickpeas||14 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||1 Pound, thickly sliced (4 Breast Halves)|
|Zucchini||4 , diced|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Finely chop the coriander and cumin seeds together with hot red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
3. Take a large nonstick saucepan and mix together tomato juice and water. Bring the mixture to boil on high flame.
4. Add the chopped spices in the tomato mixture. Cover the saucepan and slowly simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add couscous in the tomato mixture and mix properly. Cover the pan and remove from the heat. 6. Let it stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and couscous turns soft.
7. Add the chick-peas and use a fork to stir and fluff up the mixture.
8. Take a 13"" x 9"" x 2"" baking dish and layer the mixture in it.
9. Take a nonstick skillet and heat oil. Put the onions and sauté till browned.
10. Lastly pour in the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini and crushed tomatoes and bring it to boil.
11. Pour in the chicken and vegetables on the top of the couscous and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the ingredients are soft.
12. Serve the dish hot in a serving platter.