Coconut Couscous Salad
|Cooked couscous||12 Ounce (350 Gram, Precooked)|
|Soft dried apricots||6 Ounce (175 Gram, No Need To Soak Type)|
|Fresh chives||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Or 1 Small Bunch)|
|Unsweetened desiccated coconut||2 Tablespoon (Or Shredded)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced mint leaves||3 Teaspoon, or shredded (To Garnish)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole grain mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Clear honey||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon|
1) Soak the couscous as per the package directions.
2) In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Place the couscous in a steamer or large sieve lined with cheesecloth and keep over the boiling water. Then, steam covered as per the package directions.
3) Turn off the heat, remove in a heatproof bowl and allow to cool down.
4) Thinly slice the apricots into strips and snip the chives.
5) In the bowl with cold couscous, combine the apricots, chives, coconut, cinnamon and seasonings.
6) In a small bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and season.
7) Pour the dressing over the couscous and blend well. Cover and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
8) Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 120.3 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.6%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet