Moroccan Meatballs With Herb Couscous
|Lean minced lamb||500 Gram|
|Red onion||1 , grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ginger root||3⁄4 Inch, chunk, grated|
|Dry red chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tinned plum tomatoes||800 Gram (2 X 400G Tins)|
|Chicken stock||200 Milliliter|
|Coriander||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (1/2 Bunch)|
|For herb couscous|
|Chicken stock||300 Milliliter (Boiling)|
|Parsley bunch||1 Ounce, chopped|
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix with your hand the lamb with onion, half the garlic, half the ginger and half the spices.
2. Shape mixture into marble size meatballs.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil.
4. Fry the meatballs in batches, until evenly browned.
5. Using a slotted spoon, remove onto a plate.
6. To the same pan, add remaining garlic, ginger and spices, sauté for 2 minutes.
7. Add the tomatoes, salt and pour in stock.
8. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes.
9. Return meatballs and continue simmering for 20 minutes until sauce is thickened.
10. Finally scatter chopped coriander and gently stir in.
11. To make the couscous, in a large bowl, combine couscous with butter and seasoning.
12. Pour hot chicken stock over the couscous.
13. Cover bowl and stand for 10 minutes.
14. Stir in the herbs.
15. Make a bed of couscous on dinner plate.
16. Spoon the meatball and sauce over it.
17. Garnish with left over coriander.