Fruited Breakfast Quinoa is an ideal dish for breakfast it cooks pretty quickly and it’s healthy. Quinoa is high in protein and fiber and helps prevent cancer. Fruited Breakfast Quinoa thus gives you a perfect start for the day.
Vanilla rice milk
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed and drained
Canned dried non sulphur apricots
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Ones)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine rice milk and quinoa and bing to a gentle simmer.
2. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until the quinoa is tender.
3. Add apricots, raisins, and vanilla extract.
4. Cover again and cook for another 2 minutes longer.
5. Serve warm or chilled.
6. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Quinoa for breakfast? A great start to a great day. Rich in protein and fiber that is vital for cancer prevention. A great recipe that includes raisins and apricots. Watch this video to learn how to best cook quinoa.