Toasted Pine Nut & Vegetable Couscous
|Green lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Generous)|
|Pine nuts||3⁄8 Cup (6 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Zucchini||10 Ounce, sliced (280 Gram)|
|Tomatoes||9 Ounce, chopped (250 Gram)|
|Canned artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained and cut into half lengthwise (400 Gram)|
|Couscous||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Generous)|
|Vegetable stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Torn basil leaves||3 Tablespoon (Fresh, For Garnish)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Put the lentils into a pan with plenty of cold water, bring to a boil, and boil rapidly for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover, and let simmer for an additional 15 minutes, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler to medium. Spread the pine nuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast under the preheated broiler, turning to brown evenly—watch constantly because they brown very quickly.Tip the pine nuts into a small dish and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the onion, garlic, and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, for 8-10 minutes, or until tender and the zucchini have browned slightly. Add the tomatoes and artichoke halves and heat through thoroughly for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, put the couscous into a heatproof bowl. Bring the stock to a boil in a pan and pour over the couscous, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes until the couscous absorbs the stock and becomes tender.
5. Drain the lentils and stir into the couscous. Stir in the torn basil leaves and season well with pepper.Transfer the couscous to a warmed serving dish and spoon over the cooked vegetables. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the top of the vegetables and couscous, garnish with basil leaves, and serve at once.