Lemon Shrimp Over Caper Couscous
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined (About 455 G, 31-35 Pound Each Raw)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced (Or Pressed)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon (3/4 Tsp Chopped Fresh Oregano)|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Dry sherry||30 Milliliter (2 Tbsp)|
|Fat free reduced sodium chicken broth||470 Milliliter, reduced (2 Cups)|
|Asparagus||8 Ounce (230 G)|
|Red bell pepper||6 Ounce (1 Medium Or 170 G)|
|Couscous||185 Gram (1 Cup)|
|White distilled vinegar/Seasoned rice vinegar||30 Milliliter|
|Canned capers||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tbsp)|
|Oregano leaves||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. In a large bowl, mix shrimp, garlic (if used) chopped oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of the lemon peel, and pepper. Set aside; stir occasionally.
2. To prepare sauce, in a small bowl, combine sherry and cornstarch; stir until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup (120 ml) of the broth; set aside.
3. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; cut spears into 1/2-inch (1-cm) diagonal slices and set aside. Seed bell pepper, cut into thin strips, and set aside.
4. In a 3- to 4-quart (2.8- to 3.8-liter) pan, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups broth and remaining 1/4 teaspoon lemon peel. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand until liquid has been absorbed (about 5 minutes). Stir in vinegar and capers. Keep couscous warm; fluff occasionally with a fork.
5. In a wide nonstick frying pan or wok, combine asparagus, bell pepper, and 1/3 cup (80 ml) water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until asparagus is almost tender to bite (about 3 minutes). Uncover and stir-fry until liquid has evaporated. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside.
6. Heat oil in pan. When oil is hot, add shrimp mixture and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir sauce well and pour into pan; then return asparagus and bell pepper to pan. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens slightly and shrimp are just opaque in center; cut to test (1 to 2 more minutes). Remove from heat.
7. To serve, spoon couscous onto a rimmed platter; top with shrimp mixture. Offer lemon wedges to squeeze to taste; garnish with oregano sprigs