Butternut Squash Stuffed With Orange Couscous
|Butternut squash||2 , halved lengthwise|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Vegetable broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Couscous||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), uncooked|
|Dried cranberries||2 Tablespoon, sweetened|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned chickpeas||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place butternut squash, cut sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until tender.
3. While squash bakes, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. Add onion and carrot. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 20 minutes or until onion is golden and carrot is tender, stirring frequently. Set aside.
4. Bring broth and next 4 ingredients to a boil. Stir in couscous and next 5 ingredients. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
5. Remove and discard seeds from squash; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Coarsely chop 1 cup pulp, reserving remaining pulp for another use.
6. Combine reserved onion mixture, squash pulp, couscous mixture, chickpeas, and almonds; toss gently. Spoon mixture evenly into squash shells. Place shells in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
7. While shells bake, bring 1 cup orange juice and honey to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture reduces to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in curry powder and cinnamon. Drizzle juice mixture evenly over couscous mixture.