|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Saffron threads||3 , crumbled|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Chopped parsnip||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried apricot halves||10|
|Chicken thighs||2 , skinned|
|Canned plum tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained and diced|
|Instant couscous||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy-gauge saucepan over medium heat. Add the cinnamon, cumin, paprika and saffron, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add the onion, parsnips, carrots, apricots and chicken thighs, and saute, turning the chicken occasionally, 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and 4 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer the mixture 30 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the heat. Remove the chicken, bone it and cut the meat into strips; set aside.
4. Stir the couscous into the pan, cover and set aside 5 minutes. Add the salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Mound the couscous on a platter. Scatter the chicken strips over the couscous and sprinkle with coriander.