This dish is typically made with small elbow pasta. My kids wanted me to make it with Rigatoni so I did. Whatever pasta you decide to use you will love this. This was a very popular meal at the deli.
10 Ounce, cooked (elbows, shells or Rigatoni)
6 Medium, casings removed
1 Medium, chopped finely
4 Clove (20 gm), minced
3 Medium, peeled, chopped
1 Tablespoon, crushed
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, grated (FOR GARNISH)
1. Cook the pasta as per instructions. Drain and shock it. Set it aside.
2. Remove the sausages from the casings and brown it in a pan. Drain it and set aside. Wipe the pan.
3. To the pan, add the olive oil and heat.
4. Put the onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
5. Add the garlic and mix well. Cook for a minute and put the tomatoes and oregano.
6. Cook the tomatoes for another 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Make a well in the middle and pour the tomato paste. Mix well.
8. Add the tomato sauce and the water. Season with black pepper.
9. Return the cooked sausage to the pan. Mix well and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
10. Put the cooked pasta to the sauce and heat it through.
11. In a serving plate or bowl, serve with some Parmesan cheese.