Beef Goulash with Scone Cobbler Topping
|For the goulash|
|Stewing steak||1 Pound|
|Beef drippings/Fat||2 Ounce|
|All-purpose flour||1 Ounce|
|Concentrated tomato puree/Concentrated tomato ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (Sweet Red Pepper)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (Good Sprinkling)|
|For the topping|
|All-purpose flour||6 Ounce (With Plain Flour Use 1 1/2 Level Teaspoons Baking Powder)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)|
1) Cut the meat into cubes.
2) Slice the onions.
3) In a pan, heat fat and brown meat on both sides.
4) Take a casserole and put the meat with draining spoon into it.
6) In a pan fry sliced onion and put it over meat.
7) In the same pan, melt fat and add flour, cook stirring constantly until brown.
8) Add water, tomato puree or ketchup, paprika, salt and black pepper.
9) Boil stirring constantly and put it on meat and onion.
10) Cover the casserole and bake for 1 ½ hours at 325-350 degrees or at gas mark 3.
11) To make topping, in a bowl sift flour and baking powder if using and add fat.
12) Make soft dough. Knead it on a lightly floured surface and roll into ½ inch thickness.
13) Cut into shapes and arrange over meat mixture. Apply a light coat of milk.
14) Bake it uncovered for 15-20 minutes at 425-450 degrees or at gas mark 6-7, until risen and golden.
15) Serve Beef Goulash with Scone Cobbler Topping hot.