Veal Paprika or Goulash
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 , deskinned, chopped|
|Stewing veal||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (optional)|
|Beef stock cube||1|
1) Slice the veal into cubes of 1-inch dimensions.
2) Into a pan of hot oil, add in the veal cubes and cook to brown well on both sides.
3) Remove the meat onto a paper towel using a slotted spoon.
4) Into the same pan, add in the sliced onions and crushed garlic. Saute till slightly brown.
5) Next, stir in the paprika and flour. Cook the mixture over a low flame.
6) Add in water or stock along with the beef stock cube. Let the mixture come to a boil while stirring intermittently.
7) Add the veal cubes back into the simmering mixture.
8) Next, add in the tomatoes along with salt and pepper. Simmer on low flame for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
9) Add in 3/4 of the yoghurt at the last stage. Mix well till has heated through.
10) Serve the Veal Paprika OR Goulash with a topping of the reserved yoghurt. Serve alongside cooked noodles.
Calories 388 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.2 mg36.7%
Sodium 354.6 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet