Potato Beef Goulash
Potatoes -1 1/2 lb [750 g], peeled and thinly sliced
Paprika pepper -1 level tablespoon [1X 20 ml spoon]
Tomato puree -1 level tablespoon [1X 20 ml spoon]
Cooking oil -2 fl oz [50 ml]
Vinegar -1/2 teaspoon [2.5 ml]
A pinch of marjoram
Water -1/2 pint [250 ml]
1) In a pan, heat oil and add onions and fry till golden.
2) Stir in the paprika.
3) Mix in the meat, place lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
4) Add the water, puree, salt, vinegar and marjoram.
5) Using potatoes, line the sides and base of a greased casserole, keeping aside some to add on the top.
6) Add the meat into the casserole and overlap the remaining potato on the top.
7) Place lid and bake at 325°F (170°C), Gas Mark 3, for 2-2 1/2 hours.
8) Take off lid during last 20 minutes of cooking to brown and crisp the potatoes.
9) Serve Potato Beef Goulash with a side of boiled vegetables.