|Diced beef/Pork /mix of beef and pork||1 Pound|
|Sweet pepper||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Paprika pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (A Little)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2) Presoak the Romertopf (clay pot).
3) In a frying pan, heat the dripping.
4) In this, fry together the meat and onions. You can avoid this step for a simpler preparation. However, this step gives the meat a brown finish and seals in the juices at the beginning itself.
5) To the soaked Romertopf, transfer the meat and onions.
6) On top, sprinkle the chopped pepper.
7) To this, add the stock.
8) Then add salt, paprika and grated lemon rind.
9) Cook covered in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
10) Before serving, you can add flour to thicken the dish and adjust the seasonings.
11) Serve the Goulash with boiled potatoes or rice.