|Veal steak||1 Pound (4 Pieces, 1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) In a heavy skillet, cook the veal pieces in shortening until browned on both sides.
2) Stir in the sliced mushrooms and onion; cook until lightly browned.
3) Stir in rest of the ingredients except rice, blend thoroughly.
4) Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes or until the veal is tender .
5) Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.
6) Serve the Veal Goulash immediately over a bed of cooked rice.
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 107.9 mg36%
Sodium 627.2 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 25 g50.3%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet