|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into rings|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Haddock steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut 3/4 inch thick (Halibut / Salmon Steaks, Fresh / Frozen)|
|Cherry tomatoes||10 , halved|
1. If frozen fish is being used, thaw fish and cut steaks into 6 serving-size pieces.
2. In a saucepan, heat butter or margarine and cook onions, green pepper, and garlic for about 10 minutes or till the vegetables are tender but not brown.
3. Combine paprika; cook and stir over low heat for about 3 minutes.
4. Add fish, tomato sauce, water, sugar, salt, and marjoram; bring the mixture to boil.
5. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for another 15 minutes or till fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. Add tomatoes; cook for 5 minutes more.
7. Remove fish to individual serving bowls; spoon soup atop each serving.
8. Serve with toasted garlic bread.