Hungarian Veal Goulash
|Lean veal steaks||16 Ounce, cut 1/2 inch thick (Four 125 Grams, 4 Ounce Pieces)|
|Lean veal||16 Ounce, cut 1/2 inch thick (4 Veal, 125 Gram / 4 Ounce Each)|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon (Puree)|
|Red wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup, 125 Milliliter)|
|Sour cream/Natural yogurt||2 Ounce (1/4 Cup / 60 Grams)|
1. Prepare the meat by trimming it of all visible fat and cut into 2 cm / 3/4 inch cubes.
2. In a plastic food bag add paprika, flour and black pepper to taste, add meat and shake to coat meat evenly shaking off excess flour.
3. In a large saucepan Heat oil and cook onion and garlic over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until onion softens.
4. Combine tomato paste (puree), wine and stock and stir into onion mixture and meat.
5. Let it rise to boil, then reduce heat , simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes until meat is tender and remove from heat.
6. In a serving dish place one serving of goulash, stir in one-third of the sour cream or yoghurt and serve.