|Bacon slab||4 Ounce, rind discarded, cut into 1/4 inch dice|
|Onion||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Sweet paprika||2 Tablespoon|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef rump||2 Pound, cut into 2 inch cubes|
|Parsnip||1 Medium, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Rich beef broth||4 Cup (64 tbs), defatted and warmed|
|Italian frying peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces (Pale Green Variety)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , stemmed, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Idaho potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Plum tomatoes||4 , peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Egg noodles||4 Ounce (Wide, Short Dried)|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large heavy pot, over low heat, cook bacon and lard for about 5 minutes until the bacon browns slightly.
2) Stir in onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
3) Mix in garlic and again cook the mixture for about 5 minutes more until the onion is wilted.
4) Take the mixture off from heat and then add in paprika and car-away seeds, stirring well.
5) Stir in beef, parsnip, and broth and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
6) Lower the heat and then gently simmer the mixture, covered, over low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
7) Mix in all the peppers, the potatoes, tomatoes, and salt.
8) Raise the heat to medium and then uncover and cook the mixture for 30 minutes.
9) Add in noodles and cook it for about 10 minutes more until the noodles are soft.
10) Garnish with parsley and serve the dish hot in shallow bowls, topped with coarse black bread and creamy butter.